1st sprint tri, what do i need!?

sexyloney  Sep 5th 2008 at 15:24
sexyloney
help!

2 replies

Oziem  Sep 17th 2008 at 10:05
Oziem
The bare minimum
- a bike ( mountain, road, time trial, bmx whatever ;) )
- helmet
- tri suit (something you can swim in and cycle)
- running shoes
- a race belt if you don't want to have to try and put on a jersey (with your number attached) when your wet!

If it's an open water race you will probably need a wetsuit.

Of course there's loads of other stuff you can buy.
"Must tri harder"

Hjayp  Jul 12th 2009 at 06:20
Hjayp
The best thing I can tell you is to set up a mock transition and do a few T1 and T2 to see how you need to lay everything out. With your first race being a sprint you will not need a lot of stuff to get you through corse. I would have a race belt cuz it is a pain to get stuff on and off when you are wet. I would put a frozen water bottle on my bike so you can have cold water on the ride. Lay a towel down to dry and clean your feet and use socks , I know alot of pros do not use socks but a bad blister will make you wish you had taken the time. The only other thing I would do is have your bike checked out to make sure it is in good working order.

Have a lot of fun and do not stress over times, you will get alot faster the more you Tri!

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join