Broken Foot :(

roborob  Sep 24th 2008 at 09:21
roborob
Now that my season has come to a premature and abrupt halt, i was wondering if anybody could offer any suggestions for exercises i can do whilst my right foot is in a cast (cast stops below the knee). I can't put any weight on it, but have been managing things like press ups, dips off a chair, ab work, one leg squats etc, but feeling pretty sedentary at the moment. How about any exercises you can do using crutches? Thanks

2 replies

sags  Sep 24th 2008 at 12:11
sags
Sorry to hear about your foot! That would drive me crazy! I have a buddy that underwent a hip replacement. He continued with single leg work - single leg squats and leg presses, as well as core work. He was amazed that although he was working one limb, once he could gradually work the untrained limb the strength returned very quickly. He swore that the single leg and core work kept his overal body in shape and enabled him to heal quicker and return the weak limb to efficiency quicker.

Guess the overall body wellness can speed recovery?

Good luck!

roborob  Sep 25th 2008 at 14:28
roborob
Thanks Sags, sounds reassuring! Also thinking about getting a turbo trainer and doing some 'good leg' training by removing the right pedal and strapping the right leg up. Trouble is, i've never used one before, and can't get out the house to test any so wanted to ask what people's opinions are on this before i order one? Are they sturdy enough to be used like this? Was considering the CycleOps Magneto Trainer, so is anyone has used this one then opinions greatfully considered! http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/CycleOps_Magneto_Trainer_Set/5360017578/

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join