Chrissie Wellington- BBC Sports Personality

Kenwood Tri  Oct 16th 2009 at 09:24
Kenwood Tri

On the basis that Chrissie has:

Won the World Championships for the third year in succession
Has never been beaten over the Ironman distance along with:
Broke the Kona course record this year
Set a new best Ironman time earlier this year

Is anyone else prepared to support Chrissie for the BBC Sports Personality. If you check on the BBC web site there is litle or no triathlon coverage, Alistair Brownlee got a little when he won the world chamionships but I truuly believe that his accomplishment is far outshone by that of Chrissie.

5 replies

Oziem  Oct 16th 2009 at 09:34
Oziem

I agree she is an awesome athlete and I would definitely vote for her!

Unfortunately, triathlon is such a minority sport that I doubt she will get recognition from the general public. The only time I think a triathlete has a chance to be acknowledged is the Olympics. I have read somewhere that she is looking at london 2012...
"Must tri harder"

Henigan  Oct 21st 2009 at 13:13
Henigan
Completely agree - no other athlete in any other sport has matched her record - 100% behind you.

doogiec  Oct 22nd 2009 at 20:06
doogiec
I would vote for Chrissie. Think jenson Button will have it sewn up this year.

AndyB  Oct 23rd 2009 at 08:14
AndyB
I was interested to see how the 10 athletes the public get to choose from were compiled and found this on the BBC website

[Invalid Link]

So it appears that experts from newspapers and magazines get to influence the choice. As a result poles like this

(

may be very important in getting athletes like Chrissie known and respected by the media. So go and get everyone you know to vote. It will all help the cause :-).

Andy

Blog: Yellow bikes are the fastest?! triblogs.com/blog/AndyB/ http://www.escoach.co.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/andybtricoach

AndyB  Nov 3rd 2009 at 19:03
AndyB
So it looks like she one the Sunday Times Sports Woman of the Year! :-)
Blog: Yellow bikes are the fastest?! triblogs.com/blog/AndyB/ http://www.escoach.co.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/andybtricoach

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join