Downloading vcs does not work

mea00csf  Mar 22nd 2009 at 18:04
mea00csf
I have just subscribed to get iCal working - so I can download my plan into Outlook.

The file downloads OK - but Outlook 2003 will not accept it. It says it cannot import the file, it's not a correct vCalendar file.

I then tried the iCal subscription and again, it does not work - the url doesn't refer to an iCalendar apparently.

I can only assume that there is something wrong with the download format or something?

So at the moment I can't put my plan into my Outlook...

Any help on this - any fixes to try etc?

EDIT:
When you type in notes, it converts this to the SUMMARY: token of the vCal file. This only seems to import if this is 1 line. So I have multiple notes in my diary, speeds type of run etc, This gets converted to a multi-line SUMMARY in the vCal file, which in turn then won't import correctly.
The SUMMARY token in the file, relates to the Subject of the Outlook event hence why it only works with 1 line.
Perhaps the best way round this would be to use the 1st line of the notes section for the SUMMARY: and then use the DESCRIPTION: vCal token for the multiple lines. (To seperate lines you need to use slash n for a new line, not CRLF - according to RFC2445)

EG

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
PRODID:-//TriBlogs.com/NONSGML v2.0//EN
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090323T180000
SUMMARY:Run - easy/recovery
DESCRIPTION:speed 8.2km/h \\nRing Road
DTEND:20090323T184000
END:VEVENT
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090325
SUMMARY:Run - tempo running
DESCRIPTION:fast speed 10.1km/h\\nrecovery speed 8.2km/h
DTEND:20090325
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Can I have my 50p back please for solving this for you ;)

5 replies

twiki  Mar 22nd 2009 at 19:26
twiki
Also, the duration is automatically added to the end of the notes you've typed, but the distance isn't.

It would be nice to have

SUMMARY: >Type< >Distance if set< >Duration if set<
DESCRIPTION: >line 1<\\n>line 2<\\n>line n<\\nDuration >Duration<\\nDistance >Distance<

Essentially everything you type in, needs to get transfered

Oziem  Mar 23rd 2009 at 11:10
Oziem
Hi guys I'm looking at both these issues right now. Will update ASAP.

Thanks for your contributions, TriBlogs has been built around it's users and I'm always happy to add new features.
"Must tri harder"

Oziem  Mar 23rd 2009 at 14:18
Oziem
OK, I think ive fixed the newline bug and I've added a new feature to allow you to change the format of the output. See the top menu Settings-iCalendar then the settings tab. I have also added title as a new field.
"Must tri harder"

mea00csf  Mar 24th 2009 at 09:45
mea00csf
Excellent new iCalendar bit thanks.

A couple more tweaks needed though.

1) Distance is not coming across in either the Summary or Description for some reason.

2) If Duration is 0hr 0min 0sec and Duration has been set to come across, can you put in a check so Duration only gets pulled out if it's non 0 AND has been checked on. Some of my sessions I run by time, some by distance. When distance is 0 I'd also like this not to be pulled across too, but I can't check that at the moment due to bug 1).

I hope that makes sense!?

The custom tokens for what comes across in are perfect though - thanks!

Oziem  Mar 24th 2009 at 10:05
Oziem
I've fixed 1) and changed the code to work for 2) ;)
"Must tri harder"

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join