Embedding file location

Steven  Sep 12th 2008 at 23:51
Steven
Is it currently possible ot can it be done in future so that you can link from a session in your diary to a website (eg google maps) or to a file on your own home PC (eg C:\documents\route)

I like to plot my routes with tracklogs mapping to get the accurate distance and climbing etc but it'd be easier to link direct to the software than been each route?

The other useful thing would be to have a picking list of your top 10 routes so that you can automatically compare rather than having to list sessions by title
Its still looking great and I put every session on!

Thanks
Steven

2 replies

Oziem  Sep 17th 2008 at 10:12
Oziem
i dont think we'll be able to link to a file on your pc but would certainly be able to link to googlemaps
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 6th 2008 at 17:24
mbeveridge
@Steven
I didn't follow exactly what you were after, but was it 'just' to be able to use a public uri from within TriBlogs (and not to stay within TriBlogs)?

If that gets enabled, the link ('public' uri) could also be to files you create in Google Docs (or Zoho, etc) or host at a service like Dropbox [ http://www.getdropbox.com/]. But if you're specifically after geo data layered onto a map, then I probably haven't helped

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join