iPhone app

Mojorad2009  Oct 7th 2009 at 01:53
Mojorad2009
I just joined TriBlogs and love the diary function. I would gladly pay for an iPhone app to make it easier to enter info from my phone. Any such plans in the near future? I apologize if you have covered this elsewhere previously.

Cheers,
Rod

28 replies

tripyrenees  Oct 10th 2009 at 11:00
tripyrenees
Same here - I tend to browse through my phone alot specially when I am on the road.
Just a simple session input app would be great.

Oziem  Oct 10th 2009 at 12:03
Oziem
What features would you like to have?

Any other users out there interested in an iphone app?
"Must tri harder"

Mojorad2009  Oct 10th 2009 at 18:25
Mojorad2009
A simple session input app would allow me to enter the data soon after I finish rather than wait until I'm finally near my computer. This would be particularly useful while traveling.

Ibing  Oct 12th 2009 at 08:51
Ibing
I agree. This would be really great.

Kind regards,
Jacob

tkqpr  Oct 13th 2009 at 09:42
tkqpr
Yep, just joined Triblogs, and would find an iphone app very interesting.......its the future!!! lol

Oziem  Oct 13th 2009 at 18:02
Oziem
Good to hear that there is some interest in an iphone app, I will have to look into it. Any more detailed ideas are welcome.

Before I start developing I will share my plans.
"Must tri harder"

tripyrenees  Oct 22nd 2009 at 11:31
tripyrenees
Any news ;o)
For me, just a simple input screen for the training sessions. Similar to add cardio session. This can then upload as normal to the server.
Possibly a blog updater too - specially when I am on the road with tours etc.

Guest  Nov 12th 2009 at 14:54
Hi

I'd just like to voice an interest in this as well. I'd definitely pay for an iphone app that would function alongside the main triblogs site.

Maybe if it included:
- An ability to view your planned week.
- An ability to record a session.
- Session/Race alerts.

I'd still probably come on here to plan out a month's training.

Damo.

Oziem  Nov 12th 2009 at 15:24
Oziem
Hi,

Well I have done some reading on this and I'm not too enthused with what I have found;

Below is a list of items you’ll need (*starred items are required, the rest are nice-to-have’s):
- join the Apple iPhone Developer Program ($99) *
- get iPhone or iPod Touch *
- get an Intel-based Mac computer with Mac OS X 10.5.5,
- prepare a Non-Disclosure Agreement (here’s a sample) *
- download and install the latest version of the iPhone SDK if you don’t already have it.
- a spiral bound notebook*

So it will cost me $99 to do any development, plus to test it I'd need to spend £340 for the cheapest iPhone.

For me to create a TriBlogs app its going to take me a number of hours, +£400 worth of kit. I'm going to need x80 of £5 purchases to even get my investment back let alone be able to eat ;(

Maybe if I had 80+ definite users I would but so far there has only been 5 users that have shown interest!
  : Maybe call an alert that will occur the next time every user logs in to canvas the opinions of all your users? A simple yes/no vote?
Nov 13th 2009 08:46
 Oziem Oziem: Yes good idea, will need to write some code. I may not require the iphone if I can find a mate to lend me a itouch.
Nov 13th 2009 09:22
 huddo66 huddo66: I would definately get the app for iphone aswell
Nov 16th 2009 20:25
 tripyrenees tripyrenees: I have an iTouch you can borrow for the development if you like (well Lewis has, now he has my old iPhone).
Nov 22nd 2009 13:17
 tri_lottie tri_lottie: I'm interested in the iphone app - in fact i was just about to post this suggestion in this forum when i saw this! In fact i'd pay money for the app, i wouldn't expect it free. the current athlete apps i've seen on the app store aren't exactly great so I'd love it. A mobile friendly solution to the web page would be a good intermediate step though.
Dec 4th 2009 11:48
 Ibing Ibing: Just and idea: There is a Wordpress (open source CMS) plugin called WPtouch iPhone Theme, which translates the site into an iPhone friendly page. Maybe you can use some of that code and avoid making an actual application. Keep up the good work
Dec 23rd 2009 08:07
 grantsmith grantsmith: I can defiantly see your issue with developing an app, but I would be a customer. Maybe look at it from the point of view that there isn't any descent app available at present, having one should increase your customers to the main site.
Dec 29th 2009 10:46
 mstanger mstanger: Just signed up to TriBlogs over the Chrissie break... what a neat site! iPhone app would be faaahntastic (as we say on OZ) and happy to pay for it. The home screen would be a perfect fit for the iPhone screen. Basic features could be to look at the Plan & Dairy in form of calendar (similar to the iPhone one or monthly view), list and card to view, edit, add and delete sessions. Plus recording a session directly. Advanced might be integration of Alerts as well as Goals and Races in list and card forms that allow view, edit, add and deletion.
Jan 6th 2010 20:54
 aaronob aaronob: i would use the app big time
Jan 20th 2010 15:44
 GrahamS GrahamS: Hi Dave - I'd use the iphone app if it was availble.
Feb 17th 2010 23:37
"Must tri harder"

Croptop  Nov 23rd 2009 at 13:52
Croptop
Perhaps as an intermediate step, you could make a simplified, mobile friendly version of the site that would allow us to look at our planned workouts and/or enter them.

I have an Android-based phone so an iPhone app wouldn't do me any good but I would still love to be able to browse my plan and enter my workouts on the go.
 Oziem Oziem: good idea
Nov 24th 2009 13:35

whereant  Jan 7th 2010 at 13:47
whereant
I-phone app is a great idea, perhaps if enough of us signed up to the premium service for 20 for a year this would get you started..... I just signed up. The extra services are cool but more because the site is great and a lot of time has obviously gone into this so it is worth the money recognition.

PS - I'm moving to Canada at the end of February and my UK I-phone won't work. Sooo, if you need one I will lend it to you for the development phase provided I get it back!

Cheers

Ant
 Oziem Oziem: Wow that would be great. contact me via the site if your sure
Jan 12th 2010 21:17

goSonja  Jan 9th 2010 at 22:08
goSonja
I would love/use/purchase an iphone app for triblogs...hands down.

chaworth  Mar 10th 2010 at 01:38
chaworth
I would also gladly pay for an iPhone app.
 trilifedb trilifedb: I'd pAy too. Brilliant site. Maybe just a site with flash would be ok as I can still add sessions via safari on the iPhone I just have to click cancel everytime it mentions flash! Anyway I love the site so not going anywhere else dan
May 5th 2010 22:31

hlmcconell  May 9th 2011 at 22:57
hlmcconell
I would pay for an app too! I'm new to Triathlons, have my 3rd coming up in July. Addicted!

peterruel  Feb 25th 2012 at 18:18
peterruel
Just a thought and I have not tried it, but there is an iPhone Application called iSmoothRun $1.99 us dollars ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ismoothrun/id410965399?mt=8). It allows you to save your run as a .tcx file. I believe the imbedded Garmin transfer routine here at Triblogs will allow us to import a .tcx. Would that be a work around until there are enough users and funds for a Triblog application?

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join