Race Belt

roborob  Jul 17th 2008 at 17:45
roborob
Does anybody else have problems with their race number belt riding up, spinning round and generally being a complete irritation and distraction when they're running??!

On the bike leg it's fine - I have the number at the back and could forget it's even on. As soon as I hit the run leg and spin it round to the front however, I find that the belt slowly rides up around my stomach meaning that I have to keep pulling it back down so that it doesn't interfere with my breathing, or it starts to work its way round to the back.

I don't see anyone else around me in races with the same problem - any of you had this?

5 replies

guy.douglass  Jul 18th 2008 at 09:45
guy.douglass
I have the spinning around problem, which means that marshals start shouting "what's your number?! all the time, so that's annoying, but as I've got older my belly has started to prevent the belt from riding upwards!

SteveB  Jul 22nd 2008 at 12:18
SteveB
Yep, similar problems.
What I find really helps though, is to scrunch your number up into a ball first, and then straighten it out, that way it doesn't flap about anything like as much.

roborob  Jul 28th 2008 at 14:37
roborob
Cheers for the suggestions - Steve, think I'll try your suggestion first before trying yours Guy! I can't help thinking that the belts need a tacky material on the inner side so that they grip to your suit a bit better - maybe there is one out there that anyone knows about...?

Justinsanderson  Jul 30th 2008 at 12:42
Justinsanderson
Post the patent application off now!!!!!!

You could make a fortune as I have the same problem too...

SteveB  Aug 11th 2008 at 13:58
SteveB
That said, I did Swanage yesterday and got told off at the finish because they couldn't see my number, it had ridden up!!
Can't win em all!!

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join