Training diary and planner for triathletes and coaches

Race suit

victoria_mcp  Mar 3rd 2009 at 05:37
victoria_mcp
Hello,

I just started loggin my training on this site, and, from the forum, seems like a good place to ask about race suits? Does anyone know what, if any, advantages an all in one suit has over a shorts and vest combo? Or indeed is the 2 piece an advantage? I have always raced in two piece before, now for this season I am looking for new kit, so any opinions, tips would be appreciated.

cheers
victoria

4 replies

Wilko  Mar 4th 2009 at 10:27
Wilko
Victoria

I would say it is all down to personal preference. I have not done that much racing myself yet, but at the moment I feel more comfortable in an all in one suit. I think it also depends on the length of the races you will be doing.

I would say for the shorter race you would just need to go for whatever will save you the most amount of time in transition, this is where I think the all in one suit would prove beneficial. If you are doing longer races you would have some more time to put on different layers depending on comfort - IM you wouldn't want to be in an uncomfortable suit fo 180km on the bike!

So end of the day, have a go in training with different configurations. Have some races as a 'C' race (scale of A - C, A being you goal race, B being the nice to dos and C being a training race) try out different kit in your C races too so when it comes to your A races you have the right kit for you.

Wilko

sags  Mar 5th 2009 at 09:01
sags
Preference is probably the most influencing factor. However, i reckon if you are doing pool based triathlons then a one piece is better - less drag. make sure it does not have pockets though (or seal the pockets) as they will act as a mini parachute when swimming. I also find a one piece more comfortable on the bike as there is no waist band to dig into the old tum!

Wilko  Mar 5th 2009 at 15:12
Wilko
Re: pockets

Mine has mesh ones on the kidneys, which I find are ok for drag.

Wilko

DenielHop  Apr 7th 2009 at 10:39
DenielHop
Go to any showroom like powertri online where really you cab HAVE GOOD idea about triathlon swimming gear

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join