Training diary and planner for triathletes and coaches

Races for next year

Flan  Oct 31st 2009 at 12:44
Flan
Looks like my races for next year will be either Bala or ADIL, The Outlaw and possibly the Vitruvian again

10 replies

AndyB  Nov 5th 2009 at 13:17
AndyB
The outlaw looks like it should be a good race. I know the organisers personally and know how they strive to make every event they run top quality. This, I am sure will be no different. Bala, I've heard is also a great race. I've not done the middle distance one yet, just the olympic which was very enjoyable.

As for me, I'm still pondering. Having done Challenge-Barcelona I'm toying with the idea of another long distance event, I just have to find one that appeals to me, otherwise I'll probably go short and fast again. I'm in no rush to decide yet.
Blog: Yellow bikes are the fastest?! triblogs.com/blog/AndyB/ http://www.escoach.co.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/andybtricoach

bigmafya  Nov 5th 2009 at 22:08
bigmafya
Has anyone competed at Ironman uk 70.3 at Wimbleball? Any course tips for next year?
 sarahleonard sarahleonard: Hi, I completed the UK Ironman 2 years ago, and it was a challenging course! The bike and the run are both hilly (Bike more than the run) and I actually drove down and cycled the bike course twice before the event just to check that I could make it! Here is a link to a site which describes the course well with pictures http://www.tri247.com/article_1839.html Might just want to check that the course hasn't changed since I did it two years ago. Good Luck! Sarah
Nov 11th 2009 18:19

Flan  Nov 8th 2009 at 10:33
Flan
Andy B

What was Challenge Barcalona like? I'm tempted!

Oziem Oziem: I was there as a spectator this year and I have to say it seemed to be a really good race. I think there were some issues with the nutrition options and quantity but I expect that will be improved next year.
Nov 12th 2009 22:23

AndyB  Nov 9th 2009 at 12:03
AndyB
Hi Flan

For a race in it's first year it was fantastic.

The only major issues were;

lack of small buoys between the large turnbuoys (1500m apart)
km markers on the run not accurate in that 2km was too soon probably 1.6km, all were then accurate through to 41km which was probably 400m early making the final run in from 41km 1.6 not 1.2km. The course overall did appear to be an accurate distance.
Change of drink to gatorade without telling anyone
There appeared to be a lack of coke on the run course, I found it only at one aid station 7km from the end. Water and gatorade were always available.

Overall it was an excellent race and I would certainly do it again and recommend it to anyone.
 Flan Flan: Cheers chaps. I think I'm in!
Dec 26th 2009 12:50
 Justinsanderson Justinsanderson: Andy was just too damn fast!!! Loads of coke by the time I got there, though with how I was feeling I could have done with the powder variety!!!
Dec 29th 2009 14:57
Blog: Yellow bikes are the fastest?! triblogs.com/blog/AndyB/ http://www.escoach.co.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/andybtricoach

Chig  Dec 28th 2009 at 23:35
Chig
Its the same again for me next year, if the knee doesn't tear again: Lanzarote and UK Ironmans, hopefully ADIL (missed out this year on crutches!), and whatever short stuff I can fit in.
Happy and healthy training to you all
 Flan Flan: Have a good injury free New Year!
Dec 29th 2009 14:33

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join