Training for a Marathon and MTB enduro

shaundeaston  Feb 16th 2008 at 14:46
shaundeaston
Any advice for how to prepare for both a marathon run (over the moors of the Dark Peak) and an MTB enduro event?

Ive seen plenty of advice and schedules for marathon running and in the time frame I have the schedules and plans are perfectly reasonable. But combining this with the Enduro and a few Road Time Trial events is the bit that vexing me! I have seen advice on Duathlon training but they so far seem aimed at training for race distance rather than marathon distance.

Im neither a great runner/mtb'er/ or time trialler. But I can run 15 miles fairly easily and do a 25mile TT in under 1hr 15m..... just! The Enduro event as far as I know is only about 50-55km although the nature of the MTB terrain may make that seem a lot further at the time.

In both events the goal is to get round with some dignity rather than glory!!!!

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join
Other threads that may be of interest
May 5th 2010 at 19:05
Dec 20th 2012 at 21:01
Jan 9th 2015 at 18:37
Nov 1st 2006 at 20:59
Mar 29th 2007 at 19:30
Sep 10th 2012 at 08:29
Jul 2nd 2012 at 22:06
Apr 10th 2008 at 15:59
Any posts in the TriBlogs Forum are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of TriBlogs. TriBlogs is in no way responsible for the content of external links. If you have an issue with the content of a discussion, please contact us.