Training diary and planner for triathletes and coaches

what bike

wardy  Nov 2nd 2009 at 11:26
wardy
hi everyone,
i am looking to buy a new bike, i have a merida lite race but want to up grade it, i am looking to upgrade to a full carbon, i have a budget of £2500 no more, i dont want a tri bike i want to get a racer, any ideas?
cheers

6 replies

Flan  Nov 2nd 2009 at 14:31
Flan
Check out Planet X
http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Road.html
They have some fantastic deals for Titanium and Carbon. I have been using the Stealth TT bike for 3 seasons and a number of mates in the club are riiding the Titanium road bike. The performance and spec is unbelievable for the price.

wardy  Nov 3rd 2009 at 07:46
wardy
i have been to look at a specialized tarmac, cant remember he model but it is £2500, its very nice, can anyone explain the diffrence between a out and out race bike and a sportif bike?

RichG  Nov 3rd 2009 at 12:51
RichG
Agree with the above. I broke a bike in 2006 and on the spur of the moment bought a Planet X carbon road bike as an emergency "quick fix" Its been an awesome servant ever since for criteriums, road races, riding up mountains, and Triathlons. Bargain!

adrianbeckett  Nov 3rd 2009 at 14:38
adrianbeckett
Can't go wrong with a Boardman... :-)

AndyB  Nov 5th 2009 at 13:10
AndyB
I have to agree with Adrianbeckett. I was given the opportunity a few months ago to review a boardman which I found excellent. The quality of the bike stood head and shoulders above others. I've not tried the planet X but have also heard good things about them, especially the quality of the groupset you can get with the bike.

Have you thought about spending a little less on the bike and putting some more towards a nice pair of race wheels! They make a good bike even better!
Blog: Yellow bikes are the fastest?! triblogs.com/blog/AndyB/ http://www.escoach.co.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/andybtricoach

bigmafya  Nov 5th 2009 at 22:04
bigmafya
Focus also make great bikes, only available from the wiggle website.

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join