A few minor niggles

mbeveridge  Oct 6th 2008 at 12:16
mbeveridge
1. My charts keep defaulting back to Zone="Upto Today". When I set it to Zone="Specific Start Date" (30/9/08), I get a chart starting at 1/1/70. (So the issues are not recognising 30/9/08, and not saving. 30/9/08 is my first data entry)

2. It's annoying that I can't right-click on links to open them in new browser tabs, but I guess that's a feature

3. When "Community" tab is active, the words in Home/Plan/Diary/Community tabs have dropped by a few pixels so that they don't line up. Doesn't matter to me, but may to you

I also had a few UI/UX queries, but things usually made sense after I'd tried putting in data

Cheers

[Firefox v3.03 for OSX]

29 replies

Oziem  Oct 6th 2008 at 19:21
Oziem
Thanks for the feedback

1) Sorry yes this is a mistake, I will look into this soon

2) I've attached a right menu on the tabs now, does that work for you?

3) Is it lined up now? if not could you send me a screenshot? dave@triblogs.com
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 6th 2008 at 22:47
mbeveridge
2) Personally I'd prefer the tab to open in the background, rather than the foreground, but that's picky. It works for me and it's a big improvement : thanks

3) No it isn't lined up. I'll find an app for screenshots and send you one tomorrow

4) NEW : It'd help if I could see (at least) the last post in the thread I'm replying to, above the "New Message" text box

Cheers

Oziem  Oct 7th 2008 at 09:28
Oziem
2) I cant control if its in the background might be a browser setting, certainly can alter this behaviour with ie7

3) Thanks for the screenshot this is a mac thing. Is it better now?

4) OK I can add this.
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 7th 2008 at 09:57
mbeveridge
2) This is just FYI : Firefox's own right-click menu (at least the one I see, with Tab Mix Plus extension) includes the options "Open Link in New Window", "...New Tab", "...Foreground Tab". Those are what I see if I click on the uri in one of your Google adverts. "Open in new tab" is all I see when right-clicking one of your tabs; and I can't find a browser setting that would make the tab open in the background. But like I said : not a big deal

3) Yes, everything looks good and is the same across each of your tabs

4) Thanks. (I found a "Duplicate Tab" menu item in Firefox, so can use that to refer back ...if "4)" is a lot of work and nobody else wants it)

Oziem  Oct 7th 2008 at 12:11
Oziem
4) When adding a message you'll see either the first message in the thread or the one you selected to reply to.
"Must tri harder"

Oziem  Oct 7th 2008 at 18:10
Oziem
1) I think this should work now...
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 7th 2008 at 22:30
mbeveridge
1) Weekly totals are plotted at the start of the week rather than the end, which confused me briefly (as I only have one week's data) ...but YES, it scaled, plotted and saved ok. Thanks

4) This also works, I confirm

mbeveridge  Oct 8th 2008 at 23:32
mbeveridge
2) Right-click to open new tab does work on Home, Plan, Diary. But when I right-click on the Community tab, the "Open in new tab" message flashes up, but disappears before I can click it. I don't remember that from when I replied on 6/10/08 at 22:31

I also get the same thing when I try to edit entries (Plan or Diary, in "View") in the Sunday column, so it seems to be a position thing - is there no 'room' to the right for the right-click menu to open?

[There's no "Reply" option to click, when I'm replying to my own message (just Edit or Delete). But the 'trick' seems to be to reply to someone else's, above]

Oziem  Oct 9th 2008 at 16:39
Oziem
- I've added reply to the options for your own messages

2) must be a mac thing, borrowing a mac this evening to try and replicate the problem. i dont seem to have this problem with firefox 3.0.3 on pc
"Must tri harder"

Oziem  Oct 9th 2008 at 18:49
Oziem
I can't replicate your issue with the context menu, just tried it on a mac with firefox 3.0.3. is it still not working for you?
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 9th 2008 at 21:29
mbeveridge
It's still not working on Firefox 3.03 for OSX. (I have various extensions installed)

It's also not working on Flock 2.0b3 for OSX

It's also not working on Firefox 2.0.17 for Linux (via VNC from Mac to my Linux box). (No extensions installed)

...BTW : Firefox's own context menus (for your site) are also different in Linux version - they display over the top of your context menu, until I left-click outside it. And you probably don't want to know that all of the main tabs look a bit 'offset' in Linux version, like that previous screenshot :)

Oziem  Oct 9th 2008 at 22:14
Oziem
Oh thanks. I love the fact that each browser does something different. Makes my life so much more interesting
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 10th 2008 at 00:41
mbeveridge
Yeah, I know :) On the upside :

It works on Safari 3.1.2 and looks great

It works on MS IE 6.0.2900 for Windows (XP, via emulation s/w on OSX)

berdim  Oct 10th 2008 at 14:32
berdim
HI there,

How can I modify an already added training session? In the older version I could click on that day, but here it doesn't work.

Thank you
Mark

Oziem  Oct 10th 2008 at 14:39
Oziem
Hi,

Either:
- Right click on it if in the month, week or day views
- or go to the session list and left click
"Must tri harder"

berdim  Oct 11th 2008 at 08:06
berdim
Thank you!

mbeveridge  Oct 19th 2008 at 11:42
mbeveridge
Dave,
Returning to the issue I described on 8/10 23:15...

I am now unable to edit "Plan" items" (previously) recorded for today. It's a Sunday (right hand side of screen), so the right-click in Plan > View doesn't work for me. Previously I got around that by editing in Plan > List, but that only gives one page of sessions, and the earliest date (after I previously entered more Plan sessions) is 27/10

Is there a another way around it that I can try?

[Also, in this post I tried to describe menu directions with a 'greater than' symbol, but it displays on the community board as a 'less than' symbol ...which is odd!]

Oziem  Oct 19th 2008 at 11:57
Oziem
Try double clicking the session, it should open the edit session page
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Oct 19th 2008 at 17:46
mbeveridge
Thanks - that worked

mbeveridge  Dec 24th 2008 at 19:37
mbeveridge
Ok - related problem to the one immediately above (because I'm still unable to get a right-click menu, for a calendar day on the right hand side of the screen)...

How do I delete a 28/12/08 session in Plan, under the following circumstances (as an eg.) :

It's on RHS of screen, so no right-click > delete
Double-clicking lets me edit it, but then the only options are Save and Back (not Delete)
Can't delete using Plan > List because only 40 items display on a page, and only one page (and there are more than 40 items older and newer than it, so resorting doesn't help)
Can't find a date with "Search" in Plan > List (and don't know whether I should be able to)

I could delete other entries (that I still want) until the 28/12/08 session appears on the List page, but that doesn't seem a great solution. Is there another one? Thanks

mbeveridge  Jan 16th 2009 at 12:52
mbeveridge
Figured out a workaround (fairly obvious), so I can carry on using :

1. Double-click the session to edit
2. Change date to one not on RHS of calendar. Save
3. Right-click the session (in its new position). Delete

Either that or try a different browser :)

Oziem  Jan 16th 2009 at 16:50
Oziem
when you edit a session you should get a delete button at the bottom, this should solve this issue for now.
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Jan 17th 2009 at 17:43
mbeveridge
Thanks Dave

I have sessions upto April to edit, when I get time :)

Another point, FYI : For a *race* on the RHS of calendar, I (also) can't right-click to delete, and there is no "double-click to edit" option. (This is easy enough for me to edit via "Plan > Races" though, because all my races are on one page)

Oziem  Jan 18th 2009 at 15:08
Oziem
There is now table paging so you should be able to access all races, sessions etc.. sorry for the delay
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Jan 19th 2009 at 09:33
mbeveridge
That's the fix to my 24/12 comment "Can't delete using Plan < List because only 40 items display on a page, and only one page", isn't it. Great - thanks

Oziem  Jan 25th 2009 at 22:17
Oziem
if you left click on a session you should get edit/delete options
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Jan 25th 2009 at 23:07
mbeveridge
That's nice, but it's only for future sessions (and you've removed dbl-click to edit past sessions)

For me personally, then, I think it has reduced 'usability' until I edit past sessions on the RHS of calendar (where right-click doesn't work). But I can still reach those, because you did the table fix, so not a big deal

Cheers

Oziem  Jan 26th 2009 at 08:27
Oziem
Yeah I removed the double click, did you use that a lot? If yes I can put it back

The new menu should be for all sessions (past/future) could you try clearing your browsers cache first.
"Must tri harder"

mbeveridge  Jan 26th 2009 at 22:57
mbeveridge
First choice is right-click. If I can't use that (RHS of calendar) I use double-click ...so I use it 1/7th of the time :) Not asking you to put it back - see how you (and others) find it

Ok, I see a distinction. The new menu works for future, and works for past IF an action has been recorded

...but I haven't recorded actions for the past sessions that I need to delete, so the only icons I see in those calendar sessions are "Plus/Tick/Cross", rather than the black triangle. (I could record an action, then delete that session, though ...that's another workflow option, instead of "List")

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join