Tri Swim course in Lancashire

Brick  Oct 29th 2007 at 21:58
Brick
http://streamlinedswimming.co.uk/default.aspx

I attended this course last weekend. A very useful, well-delivered and great value for money.

Great for those keen triathletes who need to work on their swimming, regardless of ability, in the northwest.

It is well worth a look, esepcially when you consider the prices of similar courses elsewhere in the UK.

12 replies

Chig  Oct 29th 2007 at 22:49
Chig
Wow! This is only about 10 miles from where I live. Appears very reasonable, but I suppose they're trying to attract people to Fleetwood (no offence to any inhabitants, but its a long way from most places, and has seen better days (I hope!)).
Would really appreciate some more details, to decide whether to book in for a weekend. Do you get much material to take away in terms of session plans, drills, your own video footage etc. Already have a coach at my gym in Lancaster (free !! (coaching, not gym subscription which is typically extortionate)), so have a pretty good idea why I'm crap. 2nd opinion always good, but he'll probably say 'nothing obviously bad, just put some structured and decent effort in you lazy work-shy get'!
Cheers for the link mate, might make an ideal think for the Xmas list! Where are you based, roughly speaking? I'm on the flat-lands of Over Wyre.

Chig  Oct 29th 2007 at 22:50
Chig
Wow! This is only about 10 miles from where I live. Appears very reasonable, but I suppose they're trying to attract people to Fleetwood (no offence to any inhabitants, but its a long way from most places, and has seen better days (I hope!)).
Would really appreciate some more details, to decide whether to book in for a weekend. Do you get much material to take away in terms of session plans, drills, your own video footage etc. Already have a coach at my gym in Lancaster (free !! (coaching, not gym subscription which is typically extortionate)), so have a pretty good idea why I'm crap. 2nd opinion always good, but he'll probably say 'nothing obviously bad, just put some structured and decent effort in you lazy work-shy get'!
Cheers for the link mate, might make an ideal thing for the Xmas list! Where are you based, roughly speaking? I'm on the flat-lands of Over Wyre.

Brick  Oct 30th 2007 at 23:01
Brick
Lots of detailed feedback, which includes your own copy of your stroke from front/side/back on DVD.

2 hours on Friday night. 3 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday.

It would be worth you emailing Elliott Myers, whose email in on his website, as he will give you better feedback in terms of the structure and quality.

I'm based in Lytham.

Brick  Oct 30th 2007 at 23:01
Brick
Lots of detailed feedback, which includes your own copy of your stroke from front/side/back on DVD.

It would be worth you emailing Elliott Myers, whose email in on his website, as he will give you better feedback in terms of the structure and quality.

I'm based in Lytham.

Brick  Oct 30th 2007 at 23:02
Brick

I'm based in Lytham.

cheets  Oct 31st 2007 at 19:05
cheets
i also attended tri swim course over the weekend great value for money for any stage of swimming your at.

Chig  Nov 15th 2007 at 18:25
Chig
ah, the dreaded video evidence! I think mine would make pretty grim, but exceptionally useful viewing.
Will definitely look into it in the new year, appears excellent value for money. Am sunning myself at La Santa in Lanzarote at the moment, where they do similar, but longer camps from about 110 euros. Only drawback is accomodation and flights on top. I'm too knackered from all the cycling to even conteplate that intensity of swimming at the moment.

Are you a member of the Fylde Tri club Brick? Does it still exist?

Brick  Nov 20th 2007 at 23:00
Brick
I didn't know there was one. No, I don't think it exists anymore??

I could be very wrong though.

cheryl  Nov 21st 2007 at 21:33
cheryl
I attended this course last weekend. I can say it was great! Well presented, well planned and down to earth , My Tri coach said it was a good idea to attend and he was right . I gained so much from the tuition, helped me as well as pushed me on. Anyone in two minds whether to go,I would say just GO!!!!!

ell  Jul 4th 2008 at 10:57
ell
Hello there,

Update on this course.

I run these every 1-2 months for 4-8 people a time.

Over the past 12 months 47 people have attended and all the feedback on the website is genuine.

I am a Level 3 ASA qualified coach and experienced swimmer (but a novice triathlete-1 sprint up to now!)

This is not an enticement to come to Fleetwood but the prom (where the pool is) is pretty lovely (with quite a few nice, little B & Bs)!

Cheers Elliott Myers

www.streamlinedswimmumg.co.uk

ell  Jul 4th 2008 at 10:58
ell
Sorry, typo!

www.streamlinedswimming.co.uk

ell  Jan 9th 2009 at 12:57
ell
Further update on this:

Anybody that feels that they are already reasonably proficient at Freestyle but would like some pointers for improvement I now run a more advanced course ran over 1 evening (Fridays) which also involves underwater filming. (Cost £35).

There is also a regular training session for triathletes on Sunday mornings (8-9 am)

www.streamlinedswimming.co.uk

You must log in or join to post a message here.

Welcome to TriBlogs the free online training solution.

Plan, record, analyse and share your triathlon experiences. Click here to join